How To Make Soya Chunks Fry
Here is a delicious, healthy recipe from Ruchi’s Kitchen, presented by Rajsfri Food YouTube channel.
What are Soy Chunks?
Soya veggie chunks are a meat substitute for vegetarians, is also known as textured soy protein (TSP), soy meat, or soya chunks. It is a defatted soy flour product, a by-product of extracting soybean oil.
Soya Chunks is tasteless and has a tendency to absorb any flavour that it is cooked with. It is cheap, easily available and claims to be very high in protein, containing as much as 55 gm per 100 gm serving.
Because they are a by-product of the extraction of soy oil, soya chunks is one of the best non-fish sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids.
Here are the ingredients for our recipe:
– Soya Chunks
– Hot Water
– sliced garlic
– slit green chilies
– finely chopped tomatoes
-red chilli powder
– Chat masala
– Soak the Soya Chunks for 15 minutes in hot water and add pinch of salt
– Heat oil add shredded onions cook them for couple of minutes, sliced garlic, ginger, green chilies, tomatoes and all the spices – red chilli powder, garam masala, chat masala
– Drain out the water from the Soya chunks and add them in the pan
– Toss the chunks properly in the masala
– Add some lemon juice and mix well and add salt to taste and some coriander
The soya chunks fry is ready to be served!